Thank you for taking the time to read through my blog and taking such an interest in your childs class and school environment.
1. Last day for the coin drive for India is on Monday. Please remind your child to bring me their coins first thing in the morning. We are currently at $210. You can view our progress on a large poster board outside the library.
2. Please remember there is no school on Friday November 11th. It is Remembrance Day weekend. Enjoy your three day holiday.
3. We will have a spelling test on Wednesday November 9th. The words are on my website.
4. Intermurals are starting on Wednesday November 9th and 10th for the month during lunch. Certain students signed up and they will be on a team for that month for floor hockey.
5. Until after Christmas time, students will not have art classes anymore, but will be practicing two times a week for the Christmas Concert.
6. We are preparing for our spirit day that our class is leading on November 18th. We have called it "World of Disney" and we are asking the school to dress up as their favourite Disney character. We will also have a glass slipper seek and find, and a candy jar guess.
7. Today we finished our class novel of Mr. Terupt. Please ask your student how the novel ended. This was a great novel, and many students were very interested in it. It was captivating, had lots of positive messages within and really worked on changing the way we though of certain situations. Great read!
For math, we are taking a week break from completing another math assignment. I don't want the students to not enjoy what they are completing.
In language arts, we are working on the next brain power of "questioning." There are quick questions and deep-thinking questions. Ask your child if they can explain the difference for you and give you an example. We are also doing a mini lesson on adjectives.
We are doing a small project for Socials. The students have two choices to pick and they get to make a first nations craft, or do a presentation, or put together a myth play, etc! Ask your child what their choices were!
Have a great weekend and enjoy your time away from work! Monday comes too quick! God Bless.